Source : PortMac.News | Citizen :
Source : PortMac.News | Citizen | News Story:
News Story Summary:
Bale Defence is a proudly Australian, family owned engineering company dedicated to supporting the Australian Defence Force and its allies.
Over the past 39 years, Bale Defence has developed a strong reputation for its innovation in design and manufacture of world-class military equipment used in operations all around the world.
Bale Defence also manufacture and supply a comprehensive range of shipboard equipment.
The Bale Defence 'Rough Terrain Vehicle Family of Vehicles' (RTV-FOV):
The Bale Defence 'Rough Terrain Vehicle Family of Vehicles' (RTV-FOV) are an Australian made, Military off-the Shelf (MOTS), light, tactical, off-road vehicle designed and manufactured specifically for use by military and highly trained law enforcement officers.
The RTV-FOV are designed for tactical insertion by a variety of methods, including by air or sea.
The vehicle is available in a high performance unleaded petrol engine model or a powerful diesel engine model dependant on the capability requirements.
The RTV-FOV can be customised to suit specific needs by selection of optional equipment and accessories.
The RTV-FOV are available in four tiers or types that are:
Tier 1. Logistic Support Vehicle. Designed for national support base or rear area operations.
Tier 2. Combat Support Vehicle.
Tier 3. Special Action Diesel.
Tier 3. Special Action Petrol.
Rough Terrain Vehicle (RTV) Death Adder Specification:
* 750cc V-Twin, digital fuel injection, selectable 2WD/4WD with front diff lock, fully automatic CVT, 84 deg. approach angle, 64 deg. departure angle.
* Air insertion as underslung or internal load via CH-47, transportable as internal load in C-130, C-17.
* ROPS certified to ISO 3471:2008 – collapsible for transport as an internal load.
* 5-point safety harnesses, SFI 16.1 certified. Seats incorporate Skydex™ technology to mitigate shock and vibration transference. Third rear-facing seat optional.
* Front armament with storage for 4 boxes ammunition.
* Customised weapon carriage suites for 60mm & 81 mm mortars, 84mm MRAAW and Javelin.
* 600 kg payload – 1361 kg GVM – item restraint systems qualified for 20g frontal impact.
* Extended range capability – 54 litres tank capacity between two autonomous fuel tanks for built-in redundancy
* Run flat capability – revolutionary Tire Balls® technology fitted – all wheels/tyres identical.
* Covert lighting modes –blackout, infra–red & white light.
* Self-recovery system – DEF(AUST) 5684 compliant winch – DEF(AUST) 5357A compliant emergency towing and recovery provisions.
* Casualty transportation – Capable of transporting casualties off-road using in-service Talon Litter